Let us begin with introductions. In the comments, please tell us 1. your name, 2. why you interested in this class, 3. what you are looking for in a team member, and 4. why you someone else should select you as a team member.
I will go first.
My name is Dr. John Drake. I fell in love with web development in college when I took a class that challenged me to create my own website. Although my BS degree was in Physics, I switched to a career in web development shortly after graduating. I've worked with 2 web development companies and have done numerous consulting projects, building web sites for small businesses and organizations. In grad school, many of my classes and much of research has focused on web technologies.
If I were to select a team member, I would look for someone with good design skills and/or someone that is very precise in everything they do.
Why should someone choose me? I have over 5 years of professional web development experience working with organizations such as a sporting news website and a web based project management application. I have built small websites for dentists, camps, retail stores, and more. Some of these projects have been working with a team and some individually, both of which I enjoy. I also have a well developed business knowledge and can communicate well with businesses and organizations about their needs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi, Everyone,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Bi Y. Du. I came from China almost 4 years ago. It is my fourth semester at EMU now. I enjoyed much for all my learning experiences at COB —not only from the classes I've taken, or as a student worker at CIS Dept, but also through involvements into different organizations' activities here. I was in ACC major, now I switched my major to be AIS, I made the decision is because I realized it is very important for me learn more about IS knowledge and skills to help develop my career goal as an IT auditor.
Taking this class is one of the required courses for my program. However, after the introduction of the first class, I feel I am interested in this class because it seems will help me to gain a lot of practical skills in building a website.
If I were to select a team member, I would look for someone who have general good computer background, open minded, easy going, and want to do well in everything he or she is doing.
There is some reason someone should choose me. First I am working an intern in this semester for the small taxation firm, I can ask the manager to give me the opportunity to develop their website. Secondly, I have several years working experiences in exporting business, I think I have good communication skills and am a good team player. Third, I am an easy going and hard working person.
Hello my name is Courtney Mack and this is about my third year here at Eastern. When I first attended here I was planning on majoring in Accounting, but after having to take IS 215 I felt I would rather switch is Accounting Information Systems because I enjoy working with computers.
ReplyDeleteI'm taking this class since it is required for AIS majors but also because I want to learn other aspects about computer/web desiging to help open my views about computers.
If I were to select a team memeber, I would look for someone that is easy to talk to and to communite between each other for tasks, as well as, hardworking.
If someone were to choose me as a team member I would finish my part of the job on time or earlier just because thats my personality. Also because in my pervious computer classes I have had to make websites up about myself that had to have many different components put into and everything had to be done by hand, we couldn't get codes off the internet. So I feel I understand the HTML format/codes pretty well.
Hello my name is Luke Loescher and I am a Junior at Eastern, studying Accounting Information Systems. I enjoy working with computers and have had experience with HTML, ASP.NET, some Silverlight, and also the C# programming language. I can work with Microsoft proprietory web design tools such as Expression Web (successor to FronPage) and Visual Studio, and if need be I can also code some HTML by hand.
ReplyDeleteWhy would a team want me onboard?
As mentioned earlier I am able to work with different technologies to provide the best mix for a complex website. I am not that great at the artistic side of web design, but not all websites need to be artistically oriented. You might also say that I have a very good work ethic.
I also have contacts into a local small business and a not for profit organization and a church.
I am taking this class as a requirement for my AIS major, but I am very interested in the material. I also jump at any chance to make websites.
In looking for team members, I enjoy working with people who don't procrastinate and try to do their portion the night before it is due.
I know that sometimes things happen, and I am very understanding, if the person would let me know.
So, again if a team wants a technologically stunning, visually exciting website; then I am the guy to talk to.
If you want to learn more about silverlight, check out www.silverlight.net or www.microsoft.com/silverlight. Not ot worry, I have access to all the tools needed to build silverlight enabled pages.
Hi, my name is Adam Aman I am a sophomore here at EMU and I transferred here from Macomb Community College. I am working on my Health Admin Major and CIS minor. I wanted to take this class because of my enjoyment of computers.
ReplyDeleteWhat I am looking for in a team member is:
I would like them to be creative and artistic I was never one to be artistic I could never find the creative side of me.
I think that you should choose me because:
I am very picky when it comes to details and being a mechanical engineer I always have to have everything close to perfect otherwise it just won't work. I also have good communication skills and have am very hard working at everything I do.
Hello, everyone!
ReplyDeleteMy name's Amanda Nelson (don't let the ID name fool you), and I'm a transfer student from Jackson Community College. I've been here since Winter of 2007 and only recently stopped commuting due to how evil I find I-94 during nasty weather. I recieved an Associate in Multimedia and Web-Design from JCC, but that seems like ages ago, so I feel a bit rusty.
I'm dual majoring - Japanese Language and Culture combined with International Business (with a focus on computer science - I just changed out of ACC.) So I'm obviously a stubborn individual who wants what they want and will do what it takes to acheieve that goal. Naturally, this class is a requirement for me, but it's also a much-needed refresher for me, as well.
In a teammate, I always look for someone who knows how to balance play-time and work-time. I also look for someone who is a little more detail-oriented than I am, so all the bases are covered for a neat, creative, precise coding and website.
I think that someone would want to pick me as a teammate is because I'm laid-back, but not lazy - I'm very hard-working, but I don't like to feel overbearing or like I'm a taskmaster to my teammates. There's a fine-line there, I think. I'm also quite creative (in both the brain-storming process as well as the image context) and I have a general background on both computers as well as the software loaded onto them and, of course, in webdesign (Dreamweaver, Adobe, a little bit if CGI/Perl coding, a little PHP coding, and good ol' HTML). I've only ever done one website before - I helped maintain the website for JCC, but there was already a pre-determined template, so I'm still technically a bit new to creating business webpages.
One Business website, I forgot to clarify.
ReplyDeleteMy name is Tracy Yoder-Morey. I am a transfer student from a small community college called Glen Oaks. This is my second semester here at EMU. I am an AIS 150 student. I am taking this class because it is required and because it helps with a project I have been trying to complete. I have taken various computer classes but I am still interested in learning more. Most of the things I have learned I have taught myself mostly.
ReplyDeleteIn a team member I would like someone who is artistic and can provide good ideas. I would like someone who likes to be part of a team and help each other out. I would like someone that has more knowledge about designing and maintaining websites.
I think I would be a good addition to a group because I do have some creative ideas, I may have a website lined up for the project (it is working on approval), I give my all and if I don't know I will ask or find the answer. I am determined to maintain a high GPA. I have various knowledge with computers that could be benefitical. I have some general knowledge about Frontpage but I am still learning the works of webpage design and maintenance.
My name is Brandon Ford and I'm from a city called Riverview about 35minutes away from EMU. This is my third year at EMU. I decided to pursue a marketing major last year and have stuck to that ever since. Growing up, I was definitely a computer nerd and wouldn't have it any other way! I made a lot of web-sites when I was younger but haven't really dabbled with them since 9th grade until very recently.
ReplyDeleteI'm very interested in this class because a lot has changed in the web-site creation world. I've always been attracted to the designing part of a web-site and the coding has always been a headache. Recently, I decided to start my own business that is based online. Essentially, it's a coupon database. I quickly found that I was completely out of the loop. Most sites I made were comprised of HTML only and FTP was the late breaking technology. Now, I had to learn as much about CSS and Content Management systems as I could to make the site. I'm looking to learn even more about new web technologies so I'm enrolled in this class!
To be 100% honest, I missed the first class due to an unexpected event so I'm not too sure what the team member and myself will be doing. Having said that, in any team member I would like someone that has a plan. Setting up and following through with a plan are grounds for great success. Also, I would like someone who is a worker! If I'm going to work hard I want them to be able to also! :)
Why should you choose me as a team member? While I'm not a IS major of any sort, I know a lot about web design, maintenance and development. I currently am a membership coordinator at the Trenton Athletic Club and maintain their web-site (www.trentonathleticclub.com). In addition to this, I've built my own website www.foodtitan.com. The site is not live until March 15, 2009, but if you would like to look at it just let me know in class! I'm probably one of the most laid-back hard working people you will meet and would like to work with someone similar to me.
hello my nale is chet kostoff, and i am from a small town of willard ohio. i came to eastern because i recieved a scolarship that made it easier to afford. i am taking this class not only as a pre reque but to see if the AIS major is really something that i would like to achieve.
ReplyDeletein a group member i would be looking for somebody is either a little bit more technically savy than i. or somebody who has a keen eye for artsy designs and graphics.
myslelf, i would bring some of the more detailed side of the project. i like to pay attention to details and make sure that everything flows and goes conjunctively in an order than is easily followed yet offers a professional presentability.
Hi, my name is Lawrence Hurtubise and i am actually a pre nursing student here at EMU. This is my second year at EMU and i will begin working on my BSN next fall. I have decided to take IS as a minor to suppliment my education and open a few more doors in the future, possibly working with IS in the medical field. I have been interested in learning web page development for some time now so i am very excited to integrate this course into my education.
ReplyDeleteI would like to work with at least one team member who already has sufficient IS and web page development skills. I am determined to get the most out of this course and i feel that working with someone who is comfortable with these applications will be beneficial. I like working with open minded individuals who take into account all input from the group and aren't hesitant in projecting their own ideas as well. Most of all i would like to work with people who enjoy their work and will do their part in making sure the project runs efficiently and is a success.
As a teem member i feel i have a lot to contribute. I must say that i do not have as much experience with IS as i suspect allot of you do, however, i am a diligent worker, motivated and determined to get the most out of this program as possible. I am an A student and intend on maintaining this status. Having studied some graphic design and architectural drafting in the past, i have a little to add to the creativity department. However, i look forward to the more technical aspects of the project and applying the skills learned throughout the semester. Overall I am very easygoing, open minded, hardworking and always up for a challenge.
Hi my name is Todd Waltz. I have been part of a few blogs so the blogger name i picked back then was buzzards. I started at Washtenaw Community College for two years and then transfered over to EMU for the remainder of my college career. This is my third year total....First at EMU. My major is in IS and i have been into computers ever since i can remember.
ReplyDeleteI would like to work with 2 other people on this project. What i am really looking for are people who are hard workers and want to get the work done. Someone with a creative mind and someone who is patient would be ideal. I feel like things wont always be perfect and the people who are patient will find success.
As a team member i think i would bring some nice things to the table. I work hard and am very reliable. You wouldnt have to worry about me being on time or showing up at the right time. I seem to pay great attention to detail when it comes to group work as well. So if your looking for someone who is laid back and still hard working come find me :D
Hey Everyone, My name is Jessica. I am a senior at Eastern. My I have two jobs. One at the MITC Conference Center and the other at University of Michigan MBA Program. Both jobs require me to work a lot with computers and I knew this class would only benefit me in my professional life.
ReplyDeleteWhat I look for in a group member is someone who is motivated and always delivers on time. I also like people who are creative and artistic because I am not.
If someone is in a group with me they can expect me to be really motivated and hard working. I'm easy to get along with and I like to have fun with whatever project I'm working on.
See everyone in class!
Jessica
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
ReplyDeleteHello Everyone,
My name is Stephanie O'Neill and I am currently a senior here at Eastern Michigan with a General Business Major with intent of Management in healthcare. I am also a Biology Minor, and also working on becoming a certified Emergency Medical Technician while working midnights in the Emergency Room and going to school full time. I want to hopefully one day open my own healthcare agency and take care of patients and their families that want to keep their loved ones at home but may have to work and just have someone come and look over them.
I am interested in taking this class because I have created a webpage on myspace and facebook, but that seemed a little too simple. I also created a webpage about myself in IS 215, and since that was just the basic I want to expand my horizons and push my creative limits. Also, I would like to know how to create a website for if I ever do open my own business, it can be user friendly and patients and their families can find out what the company offers, and not have to worry about making a bunch of phone calls and waiting for people to call them back.
What I am looking for in a team member is someone who is hard working and creative and willing to push the boundries, and make the webpage nice and user friendly. I am also looking for someone who meets deadlines and does the best work that they can and meet with the group and be in a timely manner and stay until everything is done, and not leave the group with the work when it is a group effort.
Why someone should choose me is because I am hard working and strive to be the best and do the best that I can in all the work I do. I am also creative, and do my share of the work. Even though I may seem to be busy in my life I make time and give everyone the time that they need and don't shoot down any ideas and help other group members if they need help. If someone is not able to meet a deadline, due to an emergency (family or personal),and I know that they all happen I will step up and help so one person does not feel like they have to do all the work. Finally, I would make a good team member because I am fair, and everyone submits thier own ideas and if we can't work with that particular idea, we will work as a team to come up with a creative solution so that everyone feels like the website is thier work and they can be proud of it and know that they helped create something that will be seen by all.
Hello Everyone,
ReplyDeleteMike Tolentino
I spent 7 ½ years as a Military Police Officer in the United Stated Army after I graduated from John Glenn High School in Westland, MI. I returned home after ending my service in the Army and because of the training I received in leadership; I was able to secure employment in management/operations positions at various chemical manufacturing companies in SE Michigan.
I am pursuing my Bachelors in Business Administration with a concentration in Management. I transferred to Eastern from Henry Ford Community College in Dearborn and currently this is my second semester.
I am taking this class not because it is required for my degree, but to acquire the skills necessary to create a modern and creative web page for that entrepreneur in me that lives within all business majors.
I would put my web page developing at about a three on a scale of 1 to 10. I have plenty of room for improvement and would like to be a part of a team that is prepared to create something that we can all be proud of and which exceeds all expectations the sponsoring organization may have. The vague ideas that I have pertaining to this project could be more involved than what two individual (learning) might not be able to handle and complete and for this reason I would like to be involved with a team of two others.
I am looking for team members of no particular skills, but individuals with the commitment and sense of responsibility to the other members. Individuals with the desire to grow, learn, and work together to achieve this common goal.
I look forward to speaking with everyone and putting a face to the names.
Hellooo, I'm Ro Cresswell. I am a Junior from the Toledo, Ohio area. I just returned to Eastern last semester after a year and a half hiatus. I major in Accounting and am enrolled in the 150 Hour Master's program. Although I did not select AIS as my major, I am attempting to crunch in as many IS classes as possible in order to familiarize myself and gain experience in the field.
ReplyDeleteWith this in mind, I am interested in this course for more than simply gaining IS credits. In high school, I began HTML programming as a hobby. Though I never had the time to delve into its more advanced topics, I had a firm understanding of the basics. I believe I will be able to both regain my previous knowledge quickly and learn new concepts with ease.
During my freshman year at EMU, I took Intro to Java. Unfortunately, as an introductory course, we only covered so many topics. However, I feel this experience will contribute towards my success in this class.
I believe I would be best suited in a team with one or two other members. Scheduling can be difficult between courses, work, family, and friends, so limiting the group to two or three members improves coordination. As far as experience and knowledge, I am not looking for any rigorous requirements. However, determination and the need to excell are crucial. I do not work well with people whose ambitions stop at the bare minimum. Personal attitude and the ability to get along with each other matters much more than book smarts.
I can tell you already want me, since you're still reading! Anyway, I'll tell you why I'm such a catch! I am a perfectionist, so when it comes down to nit-picking and sorting out details I do a great job. I'm an outgoing guy with a great sense of humor to contribute to any group meeting. I'm an opinionated person, and I like to voice and encourage my ideas. However, I am not close-minded, and I think the best ideas are developed from ideas that are combined and refined. Altogether, I enjoy groups that work and play at the same time. I hope we can have a great time together!
Hi, my name is Arbry Diniweddie, I go by Arb.
ReplyDeleteI am interested in this class because, not only is it required, but I have always had computing interest and I wanted to know more about computing to narrow my options down on the career path I should follow.
In a team member I look for a person who:
1. Has a clear understanding of project objectives.
2. Has a clear expectations of each person role and responses.
3. Has a high degree of co-operation.
4. Has a high level of trust.
5. Can communicate clearly
6. Avoids conflicts
Someone should select me as a team member because not only do I possess some of the qualities mention above, but I can bring to the table creative ideas, and patience. Although I do not have much experience working with web applications I am a fast learner and will get any job done completly and professionally.
Hello everyone i`m Kevin Haddad. I am interested in this class to help me build webpages by code. Right now I can build webpages with the help of applications. I have worked with Microsoft Frontpage and publisher, as well as Dreamweaver and other free applications. I have over ten years of making several webpages from personal webpages to sports webpages, and my current business webpage. The most current webpage I have is to promote my current business, and that is computer repair. As a team member I will pull my weight especially with a topic that I like such as creating webpages. I am a fast learner and bring my current previous experience with me wherever I go. To view my current page go to:
ReplyDeletehttp://kevinklh.googlepages.com/index.htm
Greetings, everyone! I am Joseph Carroll, but my friends call me Joe. I signed up for this class in order to advance through the class tree for my major, Computer Information Systems. I have previous experience in developing websites for the Northville school district, utilizing Flash, Dreamweaver, Front Page, Fireworks, and Adobe Photoshop. The High School's currently design is largely based on the foundation that I created. I am also fluent in the use, diagnosis, and repair of both Mac and PC machines dating back to Apple "System 6" and Windows 95.
ReplyDeleteI am especially interested in the opportunities that Eastern offers to learn programming languages such as Java, C#, and Visual basic, as these seem to be my achilles heel, so to speak.
I am fortunate enough to already be placed within a well-suited team, but would be more than happy to aid or assist those who find themselves in need of help.
Thanks for your time and I hope I get to know you all better!
Hi everyone, My name is Dean Podvin
ReplyDeleteI am a CIS major at EMU. I spent two years at schoolcraft college getting my associates degree. This is my first year at EMU and I have probably one more left. I think this web development class will be very cool and interesting to me. It seems like it would be hard to learn virtually a new language, but I think I will be okay. I want to work on the business aspect of CIS. Although the economy is bad, as long as I stick to computers, I should be good.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMy name is Jessica Gill and I am interested in this class because I love web design. I am a graphic design who has been in the print industry for a number of years but I want something more. I look for someone who is reliable team member and knowledgeable. Why I make a good team member is I am reliable. I get my work done on time and I do my research on the subject at hand
ReplyDeleteMy name is Anthony Towler, and I am pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with a minor in Computer Information Systems. I'm the System Administrator for the Great Lakes field office of the French software company Dassault Systemes Simulia (www.simulia.com). Given my career in IT, I have some experience in markup and scripting languages already. I've been playing around with HTML and website design since 1998, but I'm still not an expert.
ReplyDeleteI would make a good team member because I have a solid IT/programming background. I'm looking for a team member that has a better concept of design than I do. ;)
My name is Joseph Hicks and I am a CIS major here at EMU. I am taking this class to learn the basics of web development and to fulfill my requirements to the program, although I am currently pursuing a career in networking and security, in which I will soon be starting an internship. I am looking for a teammates who have experience and knowledge in web development and who work well with others, like i do. I am a good teammate because i work well with others and if I do not know the answer to a problem, I will find out. If I'm being graded or judged by something with my name on it, I do everything I can to make it a success.
ReplyDeleteMy name is Jack McFaddin I was born in Pusan, South Korea and my major is Computer Information Systems. I am looking for teamates that are hard working and will help improve my web design abilities. I am a very flexible when it comes to working on the web page. I am a hard worker and I do my best to help everyone else succeed.
ReplyDelete